Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The secret to great guacamole is fresh avocados and only using ingredients that blend with their subtle flavor. The fresh lime juice keeps the avocado pulp from turning brown.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 avocados, ripe
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic powder, salt and lime juice; set aside.
- Carefully cut avocados in half lengthways; remove pit with a spoon. Scoop out the avocado pulp and mash coarsely with a fork. Toss mashed avocado with tomato mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately with baked tortilla chips or use as a garnish with your favorite Mexican recipes.
Like Gayla, I used fresh jalapeno and used more than indicated. Excellent guacamole.
Delicious! I subbed fresh jalapeno for the pickled, but made no other changes. Thanks for posting!