Recipe by Kitchen Quarterback
The secret to great guacamole is fresh avocados and only using ingredients that blend with their subtle flavor. The fresh lime juice keeps the avocado pulp from turning brown.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 avocados, ripe
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic powder, salt and lime juice; set aside.
- Carefully cut avocados in half lengthways; remove pit with a spoon. Scoop out the avocado pulp and mash coarsely with a fork. Toss mashed avocado with tomato mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately with baked tortilla chips or use as a garnish with your favorite Mexican recipes.