Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this clone to taste as close to Taco Bell Guacamole as I could. I obtained a can with the ingredients list and this is the end results.
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (fresh not pickled)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (original red Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1 teaspoon onion, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Remove pulp from avocados, dice and then add the lemon to keep it from turning brown.
- Mash the avocados to your preferred consistency.
- For a smooth texture, puree in a food processor.
- Mince the jalapeños, (and onions and garlic if you are using fresh ones) as fine as possible (if processing add these to the processor.) Combine everything and mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass jar with a lid and one of the avocado seed in the center until ready to serve.
- The seed also helps to prevent browning.
Yum! I think my avacados may have been a little smaller than the ones you used. My version ended up almost over-spiced and I didn't use the seasoned salt or onion. Even so, it was VERY good.
I loved this recipe but the only issue that I had with it is that the juice of one whole lemon was too overpowering. Otherwise it was a hit. It has a nice kick to it with the jalepenos and tabasco sauce! I would definitely make it again with less lemon juice.
Have made this a few times sub the garlic powder for crushed garlic, and put slightly more tobasco sauce as I didn't have jalapeno ppr. LOVE IT!!!! yummy yummy yummy.