Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is from www.tastycooking.com. An authentic recipe from Mexico.
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (fresh coriander leaf)
- 1 teaspoon white wine or 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Peel and chop all ingredients, place in a food processor or blender and whiz.
- The sugar balances the vinegar, which helps to preserve and maintain a good color.
- Leave covered in the fridge at least 4 hours for the flavours to mature.
- Excellent with tortilla chips.
Good flavor. Couldn't bring myself to add the sugar, though! Used about double amount of cilantro - we love it and I didn't want my bunch to "go bad"! (My 3 Chefs)