Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for a party as a dip for chips and to top enchiladas and it went over really well. I used 4 jalapeños when I made it but it would be easy to adjust the heat by just switching chilies. Recipe source: Martha Stewart Entertaining
- 6 ripe avocados
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 -4 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 onions, chopped in a food processor or 1 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Peel, pit and mash avocados.
- In a medium size bowl combine avocados with tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze lime juice over top.
- ***Bury avocado pits (I used 3) in guacamole to prevent darkening--but remove before serving***.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs if desired.
Forgot the tomatoes, but that was ok because a few in my house would've just picked them out anyways....very good. I did wing it w/ most of the ingrediants. Alittle more garlice ect...but that was just to adjust for personal taste...great guac !