Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came out with this easy recipe after taste one similar in a restaurant a few days ago. I made it today with the ingredients we like and to serve with good grilled burgers and the result was fantastic...!!!. Here is my recipe and enjoy it.
- 2 (7 ounce) cansgreen tomatillo salsa (or can use just 1 can)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (or use a fresh jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno juice (optional)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (for tomatillos acidity)
- 1⁄2 cup water (if needed)
FOR CREAMY SALSA
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream (instead of the water)
- Pour green tomatillo salsa in a saucer and cook in the microwave for about 30 seconds in high power, only to cook the green tomatillos.
- In a blender, pour the cooked green salsa and avocado chunks. Blend them together just to pulse the bottom for about 8 to 10 seconds, leaving some coarse avocado pieces, so the salsa doesn't get too smooth.
- Note: if want the sauce more liquid and smoth, just add some water in the blender, (or the sour cream for a creamy salsa if you prefer).
- Pour in the saucer again and add the chopped pickled jalapeño, vinegar, chopped garlic clove and cilantro. Season with garlic salt to taste. Stir well.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for grilled burgers, hot dogs, or over grilled chicken, steaks, pork or fish.
- Or also in tacos, burritos, rice, refried beans, tostadas, tortilla chips or whatever you like. Mmmmm -- delicious.!
- Note: it keeps green color all the time it lasts.
Really a great dip or sauce. I only used one can salsa verde, no water or sour cream and we thought it was great. Had it with chips while waiting for dinner and then over Mexicali Meat Burritos.