Recipe by Becky #7
Years ago I found this recipe online at http://www.justadequate.com/guac.htm, and every year (right before the Super Bowl) I would Google "guac monkey" to find it again. (The online description uses the phrase "guac monkey," for whatever reason.) It's a really great guacamole recipe. Here's my version of it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin with the very same bowl that you'll ultimately be serving this in -- minimize dishes!
- Slice each avocado in half, remove the pits (save one of them), and put the flesh in the bowl. Mash it up some.
- Mince the garlic finely and add it to the avocado.
- Add the lime juice (just squeeze the lime right into the mixture, but don't let the seeds get in there).
- Now's a good time to mash everything together some more -- get it to pretty much the consistency you're going to want it to be.
- Mince the onion finely and add it to the mixture.
- Chop the tomato and add that, too.
- Stir it all together.
- Make it look nice in the bowl, maybe by shaping the mound and wiping off the rim of the bowl. Put the avocado pit on top -- it's decorative and helps keep the guacamole from turning brown. Cover the whole thing with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving (though I've skipped this part, I think).
- Enjoy! I've found that it's surprisingly good with Lays Baked Potato Chips. Or with pretty much anything.