1/2 Photos of Gruyere Veggie Quiche
1 hr 20 mins
This vegetarian quiche is loaded with flavor from the Gruyere cheese, which imparts a deeper richer flavor. You might consider this for a Ladies Luncheon or at a holiday brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked pie shell (I love the refrigerated roll-up type)
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal (or dry bread crumbs)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup vegetables, chopped, sauteed and drained (we like mushrooms, red pepper, onion)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Bisquick baking mix (I use Low-Fat)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1This quiche has both sauteed veggies and some fresh veggies. Start by sauteing about 1 cup vegetables in a little butter or oil. Set them aside to cool.
- 2While the veggies are cooling, roll out the packaged pie dough. Sprinkle 1 t. cornmeal or breadcrumbs in the bottom of the baking dish (I like the Pampered Chef 11" round stoneware dish, but you can use a DEEP-DISH pie plate). Fit pie dough into plate.
- 3Into pie dough, place cooled cooked vegetables (drain first), chopped fresh spinach, then gruyere cheese that has been tossed with 1 T. flour.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, Bisquick, salt and pepper. Pour over veggies.
- 5Sprinkle the fresh diced tomatoes and green onions around the edge of the quiche.
- 6Bake 375 for 45-50 minutes, or until center has puffed slightly and a knife tests clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gruyere Veggie Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: