Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful vegetarian casserole.
Make and share this Gruyere Vegetable Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere (2 ounces) or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup soft whole wheat breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup white breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350. Cook and drain vegetables as directed on package.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 1-1/2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, onion powder and caraway seed. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in vegetables.
- Place vegetable mixture in ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Mix bread crumbs and 1 tablespoons butter. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
The subtle flavor from the caraway seeds makes this unique. I used fresh chopped onion in place of onion powder. I used the swiss cheese. A great way to jazz up frozen veggies! I'll make this again. Thanx!