Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb gruyere, in thin julienne strips
- 1⁄4 cup french dry white wine (Macon or Chardonnay)
- 1⁄4 lb mache (watercress or arugula leaves)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- salt and pepper
- Marinate Gruyere in white wine for one half hour at room temperature.
- Then mix well with vinaigrette.
- Just before serving toss with salad greens, add additional pepper to taste.
Very good! I had never tasted a vinaigrette dressing before and I actually liked it! Will definitely make again. For the wine I used a Chardonnay. For the greens I used a bag of mixed.
My family love this recipe - it's yummy.