Recipe by old fashioned
A classic southern dish classed up a bit. I then take the baked leftovers and cut them with cookie cutters and pan fry them for dinner sides.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Add butter, cheese, and paprika; stir until butter and cheese are melted.
- Let cool (1 hour).
- Combine eggs (beaten) and milk, both at room temperature.
- Blend into grits.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika; dot with a little more butter.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.