My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add thinly sliced shallots and sauté 3 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to low; sprinkle shallots with sugar, salt and pepper.
- 4Sauté until shallots are caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- 5Transfer shallots to small bowl.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups wine to skillet; boil 1 minute.
- 7Pour wine into heavy medium saucepan; set over medium-low heat.
- 8Toss cheese with flour in medium bowl to coat.
- 9Add half of caramelized shallots to wine; add cheese mixture by handfuls, stirring until cheese melts and is smooth before adding more.
- 10Thin with more wine if mixture is too thick.
- 11Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 12Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot.
- 13Set pot over candle or canned heat burner.
- 14Top fondue with remaining caramelized shallots.
- 15Serve with bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gruyere Fondue With Caramelized Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 364.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: