Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Romaine, chicken, walnut and Gruyère salad with walnut vinaigrette dressing. The dressing is even better when it's made ahead.
- 3 (10 ounce) bags romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 lb cooked chicken, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chervil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh chervil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
- Toss the lettuce with chicken, cheese and walnuts.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients and blend.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.