Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy chicken dish
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons flour (for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Flatten chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick (I use heel of my hand).
- Dust the breasts with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and cover with foil.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the spring onion is soft.
- Add the cream and brandy and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute or until the sauce reduces slightly, season with salt and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and top with the cheese.
- Place under a hot grill until cheese melts and begins to brown.
This chicken dish is very impressive. The flavors of the cheese and green onions are wonderful together, and adding the brandy gives it another full flavor depth. We thoroughly enjoyed this lovely, savory dish. I did not change anything, and I can't think of anything I would change. I served this with creamed spinach, and fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
We loved this for dinner tonight. I found this recipe in the cookbook,"Step by STep, Quick Short Chicken Recipes." I came here to post the recipe and found you had already posted it Evie. Sure is a good one and it has the added bonus that it comes together very quickly! Just throw a couple of spuds in the micro and dinner is done :)
That was one delicious dinner! I used applewood smoked grueyere. I made double sauce to pour over the brown rice we were having on the side. Absolutely divine, yet so quick and easy. Thanks! Will make this again and again...