Recipe by Evie*
Quick and easy chicken dish
Top Review by Miss Annie
This chicken dish is very impressive. The flavors of the cheese and green onions are wonderful together, and adding the brandy gives it another full flavor depth. We thoroughly enjoyed this lovely, savory dish. I did not change anything, and I can't think of anything I would change. I served this with creamed spinach, and fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons flour (for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick (I use heel of my hand).
- Dust the breasts with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and cover with foil.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the spring onion is soft.
- Add the cream and brandy and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute or until the sauce reduces slightly, season with salt and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and top with the cheese.
- Place under a hot grill until cheese melts and begins to brown.