Recipe by SmHerndon
"This bread ring is delicious. Serve it with anything. Use it for a nice lunch with just a salad or some soup. It is a special touch that adds a unique tilt to any meal." Sounds wonderful - wanted to post it before I lost it or forgot it! Maybe someone will try this soon and give their review.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*, then heat milk and butter to rolling boil.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and beat in eggs all at once, continue beating until smooth.
- Fold in 2/3 cups cheese.
- Drop dough by tablespoons full onto a greased cookie sheet to form 8" ring.
- Smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 20- 25 minutes (or) until golden.