Recipe by curlykcook
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes are mixed with shredded Gruyere and baked in little pastry cups. They are topped with crispy prosciutto and green onions. They are warm, creamy and oh-so-delicious, and make a wonderful side dish or appetizer.
Top Review by PhilM13
I really enjoyed this dish. The potatoes were creamy and delightful. The pastry was light and the prosciutto bits on top added a nice crispy crunch to the flavorful potatoes. I would have this dish again and again
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto (about 5 thin slices)
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 (14 ounce) boxes refrigerated pie crusts (thawed to room temperature)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the prosciutto slices on a greased baking sheet. Bake until almost completely crisp, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside. Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes using the microwave directions. Stir in cheese until melted and mixed well.
- Unroll and cut pie crusts into 32 circles, about 2 1/2 to 3-inches diameter. Using mini-muffin tins, place 1 pastry circle into each cup, pressing slightly.
- Fill each cup with a heaping teaspoonful of mashed potatoes. Place in oven and let bake until pastry edges are golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Crumble or chop prosciutto. Top each potato cup with prosciutto and green onions. Serve warm.