Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice 3/4 of the way horizontally through chicken breasts, cutting through the rounded edge; open out, cover with plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Cover each filet with a slice of ham, then a slice of Gruyere.
- Set aside one tablespoon chives; sprinkle rest over cheese.
- Roll up chicken; secure with a wooden toothpick or string.
- In an ovenproof pan, heat oil; cook chicken rolls gently, turning occasionally, until sealed.
- Pour off excess oil.
- Add garlic, wine and seasoning to pan, cover and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- Place roulades on a dish, remove toothpick or string and keep warm.
- Put pan and remaining contents on high heat and boil rapidly to reduce slightly; add Devon Cream and remaining chives and heat through.
- Cut each chicken roulade into half inch slices and arrange them overlapping on four warmed dinner plates.
- Pour over the sauce and serve immediately, with a selection of baby vegetables.