My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Slice 3/4 of the way horizontally through chicken breasts, cutting through the rounded edge; open out, cover with plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin to flatten.
- 3Cover each filet with a slice of ham, then a slice of Gruyere.
- 4Set aside one tablespoon chives; sprinkle rest over cheese.
- 5Roll up chicken; secure with a wooden toothpick or string.
- 6In an ovenproof pan, heat oil; cook chicken rolls gently, turning occasionally, until sealed.
- 7Pour off excess oil.
- 8Add garlic, wine and seasoning to pan, cover and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- 9Place roulades on a dish, remove toothpick or string and keep warm.
- 10Put pan and remaining contents on high heat and boil rapidly to reduce slightly; add Devon Cream and remaining chives and heat through.
- 11Cut each chicken roulade into half inch slices and arrange them overlapping on four warmed dinner plates.
- 12Pour over the sauce and serve immediately, with a selection of baby vegetables.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gruyere and Chicken Roulade
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 168.2 mg
- Sodium 941.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 65.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
double Devon cream