Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hot, comforting and PERFECT for a dreary day. This creamy soup comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 quart milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- parsley, minced (for garnish)
- Boil potatoes and onion until soft; drain.
- Add milk and heat, beating thoroughly and season to taste.
- Work butter into flour; add egg and cold milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot soup.
- Cover saucepan and cook about ten minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.