Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a friends magazine and am posting it here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Gruesome Monster Toes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- green food coloring paste
- 22 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 11 crows candies, halved lengthwise
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Tint green.
- Dip one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper.
- Immediately place candy half, cut side down, on the cookie. Repeat. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set.
Creepy and fun! I made two versions: The first one had black gumdrops sliced in half for toenails. The second group had 3 cashew halves for claws, with the tips of the toes coated in black decorating gel.
I came to post the same recipe and found it already here. I used shredded coconut instead of the candy. Gives the toes an eerie look. The darker the tint to the coconut, the better the toe looks.