Recipe by Um Safia
This is a great recipe for Halloween or a kids party. It is really simple to put together & looks fab. Time to make doesn't include time to set.
- 6 cups chilled apple juice
- 6 cups chilled ginger ale
- 4 cups prepared green Jell-O
- corn syrup
- colored sugar crystals (orange, black & red work well)
- gummy worms
- kiwi, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Starting with your cups or glasses, dip the rims onto a plate covered in a little corn syrup. Once dipped in the syrup, let excess drip off & dip into a bowl of coloured sugar crystals (these are easy to make at home - take a zip loc style bag, place a few tbsp of granulated sugar & a couple of drops of food colouring into the bag. Shake & rub the bag until the colour is evenly distributed - use more colouring for a stronger coloured sugar).
- Place the sugar rimmed cups / glasses on some parchment paper & place in upside down in the fridfe to set.
- Carfelly chop or mash your jello until you have smallish sized chunks.
- Mix your punch together. You can sugar the rim of the punch bowl using the above method but paintig the syrup on with an artists paintbrush!
- Add the jello to the punch & throw in a few gummy worms.