1/1 Photo of Grubs and Bugs
Blue Peacock's Note:
This recipe comes from a book called "Classroom Treats." This is a variation of "pigs in a blanket." The pretzel stick legs separate mature bugs from legless adolescent grubs.
My Private Note
grubs a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 2 (16 ounce) packages cocktail franks (58 franks)
- 1 (15 ounce) bag thin pretzel sticks
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease two baking sheets. Unroll dough; separate along perforated lines into 24 triangles. (Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray as necessary to prevent dough from sticking to them.).
- 2Cut one piece of dough with serrated knife into three smaller triangles by cutting through widest corner. Repeat with nine additional pieces of dough. Slice remaining 14 pieces of dough in half.
- 3For Grubs: place 1 cocktail frank on longest side of a larger triangle; fold sides over ends of franks; roll up to opposite point, pinching dough as necessary to completely cover frank.
- 4Place point side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
- 5For Bugs: place 1 cocktail frank on shortest side of a smaller triangle; roll to opposite point. With point facing down, poke 3 pretzel pieces into dough along each side to make legs.
- 6Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining smaller triangles. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 7Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grubs and Bugs
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g