Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is very worth while making. Its delicious, easy to make and low in fat! If you like lots of spices, adjust accordingly. This Pumpkin Pie does not require a lot of preperation or any expensive ingredients. It takes only about 10 min to prepare. everyone loved it. It's moist and very tasty. It is a delicious pumpkin pie, spiced with ginger and cinnamon, allspice. Serve this pie with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little cinnamon or cinnamon-sugar. Personally I think it's the best pumpkin pie I've ever did !!
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin or 1 1⁄4 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- whipped cream or whipped topping, for garnish
- 1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2. Add eggs; mix well. Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- 3. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.
- 4. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.
- 5. Cool pie completely on wire rack. I used whipping cream on top.
- The middle didn't seem to set very well the first time I tried it, so I popped the second one in for about 20 minutes more and it turned out lovely! So test it with a toothpick.