Recipe by Sirbarney
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A grown-up modernized version of an old favorite. Made super easy and delicious by using Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes, prepared beef tips and gravy and the crunchy addition of a puff pastry round. In the time it takes to bake the puff pastry, this delicious, satisfying dish is on the table.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, from a 17 . 3 ounce box, thawed
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 15 ounces prepared refrigerated beef tips in gravy
- 3⁄4 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus
- additional fresh Italian parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a medium baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry; using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from dough; place rounds onto prepared baking sheet (set aside remaining dough for another use). Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes; set aside.
- Heat the sweet potatoes in the microwave according to package directions.
- Place the beef tips and gravy into a large, non-stick skillet. Heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium. Using two forks, shred the beef tips. Add in the pearl onions, and continue heating until onions are heated through, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Add in the chopped parsley, stir to combine.
- To serve, evenly spoon potatoes onto serving plate in a circle pattern, leaving the center unfilled. Evenly divide the shredded beef mixture, placing it into the unfilled center of the potatoes. Top each with a puff pastry round. Garnish with additional fresh Italian parsley and enjoy!