1/1 Photo of Grown-Up Sweet Potato Turbate #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A grown-up modernized version of an old favorite. Made super easy and delicious by using Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes, prepared beef tips and gravy and the crunchy addition of a puff pastry round. In the time it takes to bake the puff pastry, this delicious, satisfying dish is on the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a medium baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Unfold puff pastry; using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds from dough; place rounds onto prepared baking sheet (set aside remaining dough for another use). Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes; set aside.
- 3Heat the sweet potatoes in the microwave according to package directions.
- 4Place the beef tips and gravy into a large, non-stick skillet. Heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium. Using two forks, shred the beef tips. Add in the pearl onions, and continue heating until onions are heated through, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Add in the chopped parsley, stir to combine.
- 5To serve, evenly spoon potatoes onto serving plate in a circle pattern, leaving the center unfilled. Evenly divide the shredded beef mixture, placing it into the unfilled center of the potatoes. Top each with a puff pastry round. Garnish with additional fresh Italian parsley and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grown-Up Sweet Potato Turbate #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
beef tips in gravy
frozen pearl onions