Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is the grown up version of sloppy joes. Good for you and without all the preservatives like the canned stuff. The kids never knew the difference!
- Coat a large frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add onion and green pepper, saute until onions starts to soften about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef, crumble while browning meat.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork or wooden spoon, stir often to keep meat crumbling until no pink remains, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in pasta and barbecue sauces. Stirring the mixture often until hot, about 2 more minutes.
- Using wooden spoon, spoon over toasted hamburger buns or bread.
Made this dish as I had almost all the ingredients on hand! Made it in the morning and reheated for dinner tonight. Great flavor! The only changes I made were using a red bell pepper instead of green (it's what I had) and used ground turkey instead of ground beef. We will have this again! Thanks!
This was a good sloopy joe. I've never fixed it with pasta sauce before. We've always used ketchup, but the pasta sauce gave it a wonderful added flavor that we enjoyed. The kids loved it. Thanks for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.