1/1 Photo of Grown Up Macaroni & Cheese
The ultimate comfort food by Toronto chef Michael Bonacini. Pair this with his Meat Loaf Muffins & a green veg for a "retro" dinner. You'll never eat Kraft Dinner again!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- 2Drain& add a little butter to prevent sticking.
- 3Cover& put aside.
- 4Melt butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat.
- 5Add flour& cook gently for 4- 5 mins.
- 6Add milk, mix well& allow to simmer for a few mins.
- 7Add cream, mix well& cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce starts to thicken (about 10 mins).
- 8Add onion& bay leaf; continue cooking for another 15- 20 mins, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat, remove bay leaf, stir in mustard& 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar, season with salt& pepper and stir well.
- 10Combine with macaroni in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- 11Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar over top.
- 12Combine bread crumbs, parsley& paprika and sprinkle over the top.
- 13Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 15- 20 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grown Up Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.2
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 610.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g