Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely & scrumptious! ghirardelli.com.
- 4 ounces ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Amaretto or Frangelico or Tia Maria (or Kahlua) or Cointreau liqueur or peppermint schnapps, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- girardelli unsweetened cocoa (opional for garnish)
- In saucepan over low heat, bring chocolate chips and half-and-half to simmer, whisking constantly.
- Simmer 1 min or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; whisk in liqueur & vanilla.
- Pour into four 1/2 cup demitasse cups or coffee cups (yield will be less in regular cups).
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream; dust wih Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Oh, yum, Di. Your recipes never fail to satisfy. Had this tonight as my pre-bed drink. Would have this every cold night if my hips would let me! LOL. Very elegant looking, too, with the cocoa dusted whipped cream. Wish I could take a decent photo of this, but I'm having trouble with drinks. When I finally figure out how to do it, I'll have again and hopefully give it the proper look to go with the great taste. As always, thnx for posting. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.