Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A deliciously different grilled cheese sandwich from Michael Chiarello. The recipe suggests you can use Teleme or Brie cheese, however, the computer did not recognize Teleme cheese, therefore it's not listed below in the ingredients.
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Top the bottom bread slice with the cheese of choice (Teleme or Brie), then the smoked ham, distributing it evenly.
- Place top of bread on sandwich and brush with butter.
- Heat a sandwich grill until hot.
- Set sandwich, butter side down in grill.
- Butter top side of bread.
- Place a heavy pan on top of entire sandwich to evenly distribute weight and cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the sandwich to a work surface and remove the top slice of bread.
- Spread the underside of the bread with mustard, and add roasted peppers, if desired.
- Replace the top slice of bread, cut the sandwiches into slices, and serve immediately.
My hubby has made this for me several times, and it is so good! He has made it grilled as stated, and also just warmed in the oven. This makes good leftovers for work the next day. The cold-from-the-fridge sandwich can be a little hard (because of the ciabatta), so I microwave the whole sandwich and it is nice and soft again.