A deliciously different grilled cheese sandwich from Michael Chiarello. The recipe suggests you can use Teleme or Brie cheese, however, the computer did not recognize Teleme cheese, therefore it's not listed below in the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- 2Top the bottom bread slice with the cheese of choice (Teleme or Brie), then the smoked ham, distributing it evenly.
- 3Place top of bread on sandwich and brush with butter.
- 4Heat a sandwich grill until hot.
- 5Set sandwich, butter side down in grill.
- 6Butter top side of bread.
- 7Place a heavy pan on top of entire sandwich to evenly distribute weight and cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 8Transfer the sandwich to a work surface and remove the top slice of bread.
- 9Spread the underside of the bread with mustard, and add roasted peppers, if desired.
- 10Replace the top slice of bread, cut the sandwiches into slices, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grown up Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.1
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.5 mg
- Sodium 3717.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 57.1 g