Recipe by Anna's Mom
This is from a local restaurant and appeared in our newspaper. I have not tried this yet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped artichoke heart
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is translucent.
- Coat inside of the top half of a 1-1/2 quart double boiler with cooking spray. Transfer sauteed onion and garlic to double boiler.
- Stir in chicken broth, sugar, cream, artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, Tabasco, salt, lemon juice and cheeses.
- Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping the sides until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Melt butter in a saute pan; whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook until dark brown (do not burn. Stir roux into cheese mixture. Cook until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Serve warm.