Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 325F, line 9x9x2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil, leaving 1/2-inch foil collar.
- Place grouse halves in pan.
- Pour wine and juice from pears over grouse, reserve pear halves.
- Place a sheet of foil over pan and fold edges together to form a tight seal.
- Bake 30 minutes or until meat tests done.
- Remove 3/4 cup of broth and set aside.
- Place pears around grouse in pan, bake 5 minutes longer, or until fruit is heated.
- In saucepan, stir whipping cream into flour until thickened.
- Add reserved broth and salt and heat thoroughly.
- Remove grouse and pears to platter.
- To serve, spoon sauce over grouse.