Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I invented this after a less than successful day of bird hunting. We only managed one Grouse so I thought I would try it on a homemade pizza. I'm glad that I did...it was delicious!!!!
- 1 whole ruffed grouse breast
- 1 prepared pizza crust (homemade is best)
- enough pizza sauce, for your liking
- grated mozzarella cheese, again,enough to your liking (I like lots!!!)
- Either cube or cut the Grouse any way you like, lots of room for expression here.
- Place the sauce on the pizza dough, then add the cheese.
- Lastly, put the Grouse evenly atop the pizza.
- Bake at high heat in the oven until the Grouse appears done.
- A great way to use a Grouse if you only managed to get a couple.
- My hunting buddy thought I was nuts,'till he tried it.