Recipe by Hunter 65
A wonderful recipe for the hunter in the family. Easy to make and very tasty.
Top Review by teresas
We enjoyed the flavors even though it isn't the most attractive dish we have experienced. The pheasant was very tender (oh, I used pheasant). It was comfort food. Very easy to prepare. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1 ruffed grouse breast or 1⁄2 pheasant breast, sliced into strips
- 4 slices of thick sliced bacon
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash rosemary
- 1 dash sage
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and brown over medium heat. Drain and remove, leaving 3-4 tablespoons of grease.
- Brown grouse breast in bacon grease, adding spices and minced garlic as it cooks.
- Once browned, add cream, peas, mushrooms, and cooked bacon. Simmer until cream begins to thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese to further thicken sauce, and serve over linguini.