A wonderful recipe for the hunter in the family. Easy to make and very tasty.
Make and share this Grouse Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ruffed grouse breast or 1⁄2 pheasant breast, sliced into strips
- 4 slices of thick sliced bacon
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash rosemary
- 1 dash sage
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Dice bacon and brown over medium heat. Drain and remove, leaving 3-4 tablespoons of grease.
- Brown grouse breast in bacon grease, adding spices and minced garlic as it cooks.
- Once browned, add cream, peas, mushrooms, and cooked bacon. Simmer until cream begins to thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese to further thicken sauce, and serve over linguini.