1/1 Photo of Grouper With Tomato-Olive Sauce (5 Ww Pts)
The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook. Healthy and flavorful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces grouper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and seeded, then diced
- 5 large pimento stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Sprinkle the grouper steaks on both sides with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper. In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tsp of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the fish to the pan and sear on both sides until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 T. olive oil to the pan. Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- 3Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and jalapeno and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper.
- 4Return the fish to the pan, cover, and simmer until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, 6-8 minutes.
- 5Transfer the grouper steaks to warmed individual plates/ Stir the lime juice into the vegetables and pan juices and spoon some sauce over each steak. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grouper With Tomato-Olive Sauce (5 Ww Pts)
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 450.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives