The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook. Healthy and flavorful!
Make and share this Grouper With Tomato-Olive Sauce (5 Ww Pts) recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces grouper fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and seeded, then diced
- 5 large pimento stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sprinkle the grouper steaks on both sides with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper. In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tsp of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the fish to the pan and sear on both sides until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 T. olive oil to the pan. Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and jalapeno and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper.
- Return the fish to the pan, cover, and simmer until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the grouper steaks to warmed individual plates/ Stir the lime juice into the vegetables and pan juices and spoon some sauce over each steak. Serve immediately.