Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, easy and refreshing meal after a hectic day.
Make and share this Grouper with Pineapple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) grouper fillets
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pineapple (I prefer fresh pineapple)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced fresh tomato, seeds removed
- 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle grouper with salt and pepper.
- Saute grouper for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until fully cooked.
- Remove fish from pan, top with pineapple salsa and serve immediately.
the salsa was wonderful... although the fish was bland on it's own. As long as you incorporated a big bite of salsa with each bite of fish it tasted great.
This was very tasty and colorful! Thanks for a healthy, quick meal.
This recipe was just delightful. I chose to bake the grouper, rather than saute it in order to cut out the fat from the recipe. I made the salsa earlier in the day to let the flavors meld and it was a perfect accent to the fish. We ate the leftover salsa the next day with pita chips. Thank you Peter Pan for sharing the recipe.