Recipe by TXOLDHAM
We spend a month in Destin, Florida every year. This is a favorite in that area and is delicious. If you can't find grouper, use another firm white fish.
Top Review by clarkralston
I grew up in Destin, and this is a local favorite!!! I was always taught to use creamy Italian dressing and lots of fresh grated parmesan. This version was okay but I think if you try the creamy Italian you may like the flavor better. If using frozen fish be sure to thaw completely and pat dry. I would still add the hot sauce and top with parsley.
- 2 lbs grouper fillets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin fillets if necessary and cut into serving size pieces. Place in a well-greased baking dish.
- Combine sour cream, Parmesan Cheese, Lemon juice, onion, salt and liquid hot pepper sauce. Spread mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakess easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley.