Recipe by Loves2Teach
I was up early one weekend morning when I saw Paula Deen make this recipe. It was just too good looking to pass up! I wanted to share it here as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by tmwood1012
Disappointing for a P.D. recipe. Usually she's spot on.
This was a gooey, heavy messy sauce that did absolutely nothing for a prime
piece of fish.
Sorry, Paula. Won't make this again.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (recommend Texas Pete)
- 4 (8 ounce) grouper fillets
- 1 lemon, halved
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into 8 slices
House Seasoning use 1 tsp
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter or oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- To the bowl, add the cheese, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning.
- Place the fish in the baking dish and squeeze the juice of the lemon over it and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Top fish with slices of butter.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is almost done; the time will depend on the thickness of your fish.
- Remove the dish from the oven and cover each fillet with 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake until cheese melts, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- House Seasoning:.
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups.