This is wonderfully earthy and satisfying soup! It was one of my favorite foods when I visited Ghana one summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, cook the onions with some cooking spray on low heat.
- 2After about 5 minutes add the garlic.
- 3After another 5 minutes add the whole wheat flour along with a touch of the chicken broth. Keep stirring to form a gooey paste.
- 4Add the rest of the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- 5Next add the milk and peanut butter. Once the milk is added, keep heat low enough to avoid boiling.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 7Garnish with parsley or fresh chopped green onion.
- 8This soup goes very well with rice or dumplings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Groundnut Stew (spicy Peanut Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 562.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g