Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is wonderfully earthy and satisfying soup! It was one of my favorite foods when I visited Ghana one summer.
- In a large pot, cook the onions with some cooking spray on low heat.
- After about 5 minutes add the garlic.
- After another 5 minutes add the whole wheat flour along with a touch of the chicken broth. Keep stirring to form a gooey paste.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Next add the milk and peanut butter. Once the milk is added, keep heat low enough to avoid boiling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Garnish with parsley or fresh chopped green onion.
- This soup goes very well with rice or dumplings.