Charlotte J's Note:
From Twisted Tanya Restaurant in Copan Ruinas, Honduras Peanuts are offered referred to as groundnuts in the English-speaking islands
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the peanuts and enough chicken stock to cover in an electric blender and blend on high speed to a smooth paste.
- 2Pour into a heavy saucepan, add the rest of the stock.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- 4Cook over low heat, stirring from time to time, for about 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cream and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- 6Stir in the Angostura bitters.
- 7A tablespoon of dry sherry or dry vermouth may be added to each serving.
- 8Garnish with croutons and serve hot or chill and serve sprinkled with chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Groundnut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: