Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this in an article about Kwanzaa and thought I'd add it to Zaar....I haven't tried this one, but it looks good!
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, quartered,skin removed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter, tomato paste, sugar, ginger and ground red pepper in a medium bowl; slowly stir in the water, a small amount at a time, until the sauce is smooth; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium heat; add onion; cook until it is translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken and green pepper; cook, turning chicken, until browned on all sides, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the peanut sauce into the chicken mixture, cover; reduce heat to low, simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over rice and serve.