Never mind if the groundhog sees his shadow or not---with these pecans in the oven, your kitchen will be filled with an aroma as delicious as spring. From the newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add the syrup and butter, and toss. Sprinkle on the salt, cardamom, nutmeg and mace. Toss until the nuts are evenly coated.
- 3Spray a large baking sheet that has a rim (such as a jelly-roll pan) with cooking-oil spray. Pour the nut mixture evenly onto the pan.
- 4Bake, removing the pan from the oven to stir the nuts after every five minutes, until the nuts are toasted and fragrant and have absorbed the syrup, about 20 minutes total.
- 5Remove the pan from the oven and let the nuts cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes.
- 6Store them at room temperature in an airtight container, preferably a tin or glass jar, for up to three weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Groundhog Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.5
- Calories from Fat 694
- Total Fat 77.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 333.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g