Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Never mind if the groundhog sees his shadow or not---with these pecans in the oven, your kitchen will be filled with an aroma as delicious as spring. From the newspaper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the nuts in a large mixing bowl. Add the syrup and butter, and toss. Sprinkle on the salt, cardamom, nutmeg and mace. Toss until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spray a large baking sheet that has a rim (such as a jelly-roll pan) with cooking-oil spray. Pour the nut mixture evenly onto the pan.
- Bake, removing the pan from the oven to stir the nuts after every five minutes, until the nuts are toasted and fragrant and have absorbed the syrup, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the nuts cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight container, preferably a tin or glass jar, for up to three weeks.
This recipe is so simple and delicious! I love the choice of spices used. I kept half of the recipe for myself and gave half away as a beautiful and tasty gift to a dear friend. Thanks!