Low fat made with a puree of winter squash be it pumpkin, acorn or butternut any hard squash. You can use canned pumpkin or roast and puree your own. Very nicely seasoned with sage, parsley, turmeric, cumin a bit of heat from pepper flakes and of course onions and GARLIC!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced and divided in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup pureed squash
- 1 cup low-fat milk ((use cream for more richness if not watching your fat in take)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 lb noodles, cooked
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic cook till translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 5 more minutes stirring to break up. Sprinkle ingredients 1/2 the sage through the curry over the turkey mixture and mix inches Add pureed squash and milk. Stir to mix and thicken. Add peas and remaining sage toss to mix.
- Serve over noodles.
- If need be, you can butter or oil the noodles. I did avoid to keep the fat down! Garnish with sage.