Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Had some ground turkey I need to use. This is the result. Some may say this is more like a stew. Very good & warming on a cold day
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 -4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans (your choice) or 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (your choice) or 1 (14 ounce) can red beans (your choice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- grated cheese (your choice, I used Romano)
- Brown turkey in a large saucepan; drain.
- Add onion, carrots, celery.
- Sauté about 5 minutes Add tomato juice, beans, broth diced tomatoes and spices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Simmer covered 45 minutes to 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Put in bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 6.