Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy turkey vegetable soup. This is a basic recipe that can be changed to please anyone. My husband likes spicy stuff so he adds chili powder, I like it just like it is.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (4 cup) box fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3⁄4 cup pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- saute turkey in stock pot with water or olive oil spray.
- add rest of ingredients.
- simmer for 30 mins or until barley is cooked though.
- tastes better each passing day (if you can wait).
Very easy to make. Great mix of flavors. I had to substitute one can of the kidney beans with pinto beans and turned out very well.