This is a recipe that I adapted from a few other tortilla casseroles and it is a quick & easy tummy satisfier!
- Brown turkey and small onion until meat is completely done.
- Add taco seasoning packet and follow directions for cooking on back.
- Spray non-stick casserole dish (9x9) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut flour tortillas into bite size pieces and layer 1/2 of tortillas on bottom of casserole dish.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese, sour cream, salsa and black beans.
- Start with the remaining tortillas and repeat layering.
- You may top with extra cheese or salsa if preferred. Other options include: corn, red pepper, green pepper, jalapenos, or any other ingredient.
- ***play with ingredients, if you like more sour cream, simply add more, if you like less, add less. Don't be afraid to test different options.
- Bake at 350 until all cheese is melted and everything is heated thoroughly (usually about 30-40 minutes). You may wish to cover the dish with foil to prevent overbaking the top -- then removing it for the last 5-10 minutes.
This dish was easy to prepare and quite tasty. We like our food spicy so I added two diced jalapenos and a heavy shake of red pepper flakes. My fiancee is not a sour-cream person so I cubed an 8 oz. container of cream cheese and used that instead (which tasted great!) but I will make the cubes smaller next time. Also, instead of plain tortillas I used green chile tortillas, and instead of plain salsa I used a tequila lime salsa. Will definitely make this one again!
This was really good. While cooking the turkey/onion mixture, I added some chopped green pepper. When it was finished cooking, I added 3/4 of a can of kernel corn and stirred it in. Everything else I did as your recipe said and we loved it. The hubby crumbled some Tostitos on top of his serving for some crunch and we both decided that this mixture, minus the flour tortillas, would make a really tasty hot dip. We're going to try that out on the family at the next gathering.
Very good, and easy to throw together! I used taco seasoning from Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix, and froze half of the ground turkey to use another time. Scaled down to 8x6 pyrex pan for our small family, so only used 4 tortillas, and one-half can beans. I didn't realize my sour cream was expired until I went to use it, so I substituted one-half package of cream cheese (yum!). I just sandwiched all the filling between torn-tortilla "crusts", then covered it in cheese. At any rate, it was fantastic, and will become a regular at my house!