Recipe by karenpap
1/2 cup servings
Top Review by afghanmom
I made this sauce today. It's very good. I only made half the recipe, and forgot that when I added the spices (but extra spices are good!) I did put the correct amount of sugar and cayenne. Very thick and hearty sauce. A good freezer recipe, but you would have to have a very big crock pot for this whole recipe. I made half and I only had 1 or 2 inches space left in my 4 quart crock pot.
- 4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (106 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey with chopped onions until meat is no longer pink, and juices run clear.
- Drain the excess juice.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a crock pot and stir well.
- Add turkey and onions to mixture and stir again.
- Simmer in covered crock pot on low for approx 6 hours, stirring occasionally.