Recipe by Todd@weekofdinners.com
This easy stuffed pepper dish can be made up to 2 days in advance and cooked when you need it. It can even be frozen, but needs to be defrosted for a few days in the refrigerator before cooking.
Top Review by Sherri A.
Really good. We don't usually eat ground turkey, but these were terrific. My family didn't know it was turkey until I told them! Wonderful recipe. Will be making it again for sure.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 bell peppers (red or yellow)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium sized stainless bowl and mix well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Lay peppers in a lightly oiled 13x9 baking dish and fill with an equal amount of the turkey stuffing.
- Top each pepper half with a pinch of oregano and the tomato sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 1 hour. (to 160° internally) Serve with salad and crusty french bread.