Recipe by VanessaLynn
This original recipe came from an A.1. steak sauce recipe my dad used to make for a simple beef stroganoff. I tweaked it a bit to make it a little more healthy with ground turkey. I know A.1. is hardly a traditional stroganoff ingredient, but it really works out and tastes great! NOTE: If you want your stoganoff sauce to be thinner, add chicken stock or water.
Top Review by Little_Sister
Really tasty dish. Was easy to put together. Had to use canned sliced mushrooms since that's what I had on hand. Just added them a little later than the onions. Next time I might cut back just a tad on the paprika and maybe increase the sour cream a bit. Will definitely make again!
- 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml canola oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml mushroom, thinly sliced, baby bellas recommended
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml A.1. Original Sauce (original or Bold 'n Spicy, I use original)
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil and butter.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms, cook until onions are soft and mushrooms are slightly brown, add salt and pepper, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining canola oil and add ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add A.1. sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return onions and mushrooms to the pan and add sour cream. Stir to combine and taste for seasonings, adjust to taste. Serve over egg noodles.