This original recipe came from an A.1. steak sauce recipe my dad used to make for a simple beef stroganoff. I tweaked it a bit to make it a little more healthy with ground turkey. I know A.1. is hardly a traditional stroganoff ingredient, but it really works out and tastes great! NOTE: If you want your stoganoff sauce to be thinner, add chicken stock or water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced, baby bellas recommended
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup A.1. Original Sauce (original or Bold 'n Spicy, I use original)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil and butter.
- 2Add sliced onions and mushrooms, cook until onions are soft and mushrooms are slightly brown, add salt and pepper, remove from pan and keep warm.
- 3Add remaining canola oil and add ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add A.1. sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Return onions and mushrooms to the pan and add sour cream. Stir to combine and taste for seasonings, adjust to taste. Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce