Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This original recipe came from an A.1. steak sauce recipe my dad used to make for a simple beef stroganoff. I tweaked it a bit to make it a little more healthy with ground turkey. I know A.1. is hardly a traditional stroganoff ingredient, but it really works out and tastes great! NOTE: If you want your stoganoff sauce to be thinner, add chicken stock or water.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced, baby bellas recommended
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce (original or Bold 'n Spicy, I use original)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp canola oil and butter.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms, cook until onions are soft and mushrooms are slightly brown, add salt and pepper, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining canola oil and add ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add A.1. sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return onions and mushrooms to the pan and add sour cream. Stir to combine and taste for seasonings, adjust to taste. Serve over egg noodles.
Really tasty dish. Was easy to put together. Had to use canned sliced mushrooms since that's what I had on hand. Just added them a little later than the onions. Next time I might cut back just a tad on the paprika and maybe increase the sour cream a bit. Will definitely make again!
This was very good and hearty. A tasty, quick and easy recipe; can't ask for a whole lot more than that.