Recipe by dicentra
This is adapted from a TOH recipe.
Top Review by miss bug
This was exactly what the husband and I were looking for! We jazzed it up a bit, though. We're not milk drinkers so we thinned out the soup with chicken stock. We sauteed fresh garlic with the onions and turkey and deglazed the pan with some red wine. And as if that didn't kick it up enough, we also added chrushed red pepper after the soup. Then to lighten it up a bit we used plain greek yogurt and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mushrooms and peas. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat gently. Do not boil. Serve over noodles.